By naming our research group "HD" & "Co" we want to express that renal replacement therapy by hemodialysis is particularly important to us.
The importance of nephrology as a specialty of internal medicine is closely related to the development of renal replacement therapy through hemodialysis (HD) in the late 1960s.
Current projects include:
- Relationship between volume status determined by bioimpedance spectrometry and absolute blood volume and their therapeutic implications
- Qualitative study of gender differences in the transition from chronic renal failure to renal replacement therapy.
- Closing the loop in hemodialysis: an approach to precision medicine
- Posttransplant Diabetes Mellitus (PTDM)
- Gender Differences in Kidney Transplantation in Austria Compared to the United States (USRDS)
- Fluid therapy in the intensive care unit
- Volume status determined by bioimpedance spectrometry and its implications in the general ward
- COVID-19 and RAS blockade: randomized controlled clinical trial of the efficacy and safety of ACE inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers in SARS-CoV-2 infection (The COVID-19-RAS study = substudy B of the Austrian CoronaVirus Adaptive Clinical Trial [ACOVACT])
- Mass spectrometric RAS analysis (RAS fingerprint) in SARS-CoV-2 infection