The research group of Assoc. Prof. PD Dr. Thomas Reiberger, the "Vienna Hepatic Hemodynamics Lab", has its research focus in the area of clinical portal hypertension and liver cirrhosis.
The main goal is the development and research of pathophysiologically oriented new therapeutic approaches for portal hypertension and its complications. The core areas are the laboratory for hepatic hemodynamics and the liver cirrhosis outpatient clinic. With more than 350 hepatic vein catheter measurements and transjugular liver biopsies per year, the "Vienna Hepatic Hemodynamic Lab" has established itself as a national and international reference center.
- > 100 original papers on liver cirrhosis and portal hypertension
- national and international collaborations
- interdisciplinary research collaborations
- translational research in collaboration with the HEPEX laboratory
- Hepatic venous pressure-controlled therapy of portal hypertension
- Optimization of standard therapy with non-selective beta blockers
- Indirect hepatic venous pressure measurement: clinically established gold standard in the prognosis of patients with liver cirrhosis
- Research into new drug therapy options for portal hypertension
- Evaluation of non-invasive prognosis parameters (biomarkers) for the clinical assessment of patients with liver cirrhosis