Availability: +43 (0)1 40400-18520
Nutrition is an important part of medical therapy. The dietetics team is on hand to support patients at the AKH to ensure they receive optimal nutritional care. Dieticians are the competent contact persons for all nutritional questions.
The areas of responsibility of the dietician:
- the survey and assessment of the nutritional status of patients
- he creation of an individual nutrition plan
- the implementation of nutritional therapies including dietetic advice and individual diet
- omposition holding group
- training sessions
- discharge management for enteral and parenteral nutrition
- participation in menu design and quality control
- the planning of individually composed therapeutic diets.
The main focus of the dieticians:
- Malnutrition Artificial nutrition (additional food, enteral and parenteral nutrition)
- Metabolic diseases (dyslipidemia, diabetes mellitus, rare metabolic diseases, ...)
- Diseases of the digestive tract (gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, ...)
- Kidney disease and renal replacement therapy
- Food intolerances and allergies (lactose intolerance, fructose malabsorption, celiac disease, ...)
In addition, there are numerous other clinical pictures that can be positively influenced by nutritional therapy.